Digby (2006 pop.: 2,092) is a town in western Nova Scotia which lies on the Annapolis Basin of the Bay of Fundy beside the western side of Digby Gut, a channel leading to the Bay of Fundy. The area was settled in June 1783 by the United Empire Loyalists under the leadership of Sir Robert Digby.
Digby is the shire town and commercial hub of Digby County. The town developed a sizable shipping fleet in the 19th century and is famous for its scallop fishing fleet.
The area is also widely known for the enormous Bay of Fundy tides that sweep the coastline boasting some of the highest tides in the world. The town’s history is preserved and interpreted by the Admiral Digby Museum, located in a historic home facing the harbour.
Tourism has played an important role in Digby during the 20th century beginning with the establishment of railway and steamship links that opened the town and surrounding communities as an-easy-to-reach destination for larger urban centres in eastern North American.