Fort Edward National Historic Site Featured

12.jpg

Listing Details

Built in June 1750 by Major Charles Lawrence, Fort Edward protected the route from the new capital, Halifax, to the Annapolis Valley. It was garrisoned by the British army until the 1820s. The blockhouse at Fort Edward is the oldest blockhouse in Canada, and one of the oldest buildings in Nova Scotia.
Rate this listing
★★½
6 votes
Favoured:
0
Map

 

 Acadia University Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce

Version 2.5 Copyright © 2014 All Rights Reserved • Privacy Statement and Terms of Use

Contact: info@valleytourism.ca

The predicted Tide Times are for the Bay of Fundy. Add one hour for the Minas Basin. Subtract 30 min for the Annapolis Basin.
This information is for reference only and should not be used for navigation. They are not certified, and they do not incorporate the effects of tropical storms,
El Niño, seismic events, continental drift, or changes in global sea levels.

website security